WELCOME TO SOPHIELAND

where everything is cured with a kind word and a small action



Welcome to the world of an ordinary girl in exstroadinary circumstances

I hope this gives you the courage to over come whatever is holding you back in life. I hope it allows you to feel the gratitude of your life, to see the positives whatever you circumstances. To me lathough sometimes difficlt my glass is normaly half full, has ice and lemone and some nice saphire gin and tonic in it. I am not alone in my battles in life and now I know "alone i cant BUT together we can". Welcome :)



Wednesday 3 February 2010

Hawkshead where i was born















I was born in helm chase hospital in kendal, my first years where in Hawskhead in Cumbria U.K. Brown Cow Cottage was my home. Its a charlimg small lakeland village well known for being where Wordsworth went to school. Its where my Grandma and Grandpa are burried and where ive been a brides maid for my aunty. Its on a little hill and comands fabulous views of the fells around. As you can see its very pretty but alas its been desimated by tourist and its own natural beauty making it a rime centre for second homes and inflaited property prices. There are few old locals left which is sad as when i was little we all new everyone and there were some real typical lakeland charictures around. Time has passed since then and its hard to go back and see change but the memories of my first 10 years are wonderous. Of finding mischeif under the watchful eyes of the community, of chasing fairies on the pathway to granny and grandpops house. I am lucky i still have the memories, i feel sorry for people born into a urban environment. I still have the joy of loving nature and beauty of my rural childhood! Its funny because rotorua NZ is very similar in landscape to the south lakes, maybe thats why i felt so at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment